The price tag of the De’Longhi ECAM22110SB espresso machine says you’re a coffee aficionado who’ll spend more than usual for better. But does the De’Longhi ECAM22110SB deliver value for money or is it better to spend your ‘beans’ elsewhere? This review will go through the benefits of owning a De’Longhi, though read to the end to explore any drawbacks that’ll wilt your ardor in the morning instead of perk it up like a good espresso machine should.
Bean to Coffee Machine Benefits
There are certain benefits that espresso lovers prefer about a machine that grinds coffee or accepts ground coffee and processes it like the De’Longhi ECAM22110SB:
- With a bean to cup machine there are no non-recyclable pods to dispose of
- Choice of how the coffee is made and choice of beans
- Choice of how much coffee is in the shot
How Does The De’Longhi ECAM22110SB Perform and Carry Out Bean to Machine Functions?
The De’Longhi ECAM22110SB coffee machine with a bean grinder amazingly grinds to 13 different settings – aficionado status granted. This writer prefers more of a course grind. However this machine can be used with either coffee beans or ground coffee.
Another excellent feature of the grinder is that’s it’s pretty quiet meaning you can enjoy a cappuccino or latte the way you like it with out waking the family first thing in the morning. However, product descriptions that state the grinder is silent are false so don’t turn it on in your bedroom while your partner’s a sleep (not that you will).
The 47-ounce reservoir is slides in and out from the side like a narrow fish tank, with front access which is a good touch as you wont be always maneuvering the machine again and again to fill up the water. When it’s almost time to pour a long-lasting aroma wafts over the kitchen with the rich scent of coffee.
A clever ‘eco’ setting can be set so that after a period of non-use, 15 mins, 30 mins, 1, 2 or 3 hours, the machine switches off automatically, which saves on electricity and prevents the De’longhi from being a safety hazard.
Cleaning The De’Longhi ECAM22110SB
This twin shot device is easy to clean (grinding unit, water reservoir and drip tray) Its advisable to clean it every day, after about 10 coffees or unwanted grime finds a way to stick. The simplicity makes the ECAM22110SB perfect for an office environment where the quality of coffee is held in high esteem.
Appearance of The De’Longhi ECAM22110SB
With black flanks and buttons and a steel finish elsewhere, this bean to cup machine looks exudes top quality for the home, office or a cafe.
Additional Pros In Short
- The bean hopper holds about a half pound of grounds.
- 1 single espresso shots.
- Dial-based controller allows you to adjust the ratio of cream to foam
- Water hardness dial
- Choose amount of coffee in the shot
- Removable drip tray with water level indicator
- The amount of water dispensed (espresso to large Americano style) is not great
- The ECAM22110SB is not suitable for big cups of coffee.
The ECAM 22.110.B features an easy to use adjustable grinder that allows you to choose between fine or coarse grinds, depending on your personal taste preferences, as well as a patented cappuccino system that automatically froths milk for you at the touch of a button! Providing good quality bistro espresso with a lovely crema in the cup, that is sure to irrefutably impress friends and family.
Buy it here for the best price: (Amazon)
- Read: Breville Oracle Touch Automatic Espresso Machine (With Milk Frother) Review
- You may like to read: Sboly Steam Espresso Machine Review
- You may check out: BUNN VP17-3, 12-Cup – Commercial Coffee Maker
- You may like: Best Steel Milk Frothing Pitchers