The Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother is a frother machine for coffee lovers who want cafe style coffee at home – so the axiom goes. Black, bold and good looking this retro styled milk frother is capable of making cold milk froth, warm milk froth and warm milk .
Extra details are well thought of according to reviews, such a storage slot in the base for a spare whisk. The two small whisks provided now have small handles for improved user friendliness. The whisk that stirs warm milk for froth seems to be more effective than earlier designs.
Sounds good. But, should I buy the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother? Designed to be a stablemate for your Nespresso coffee machine of choice, read on to find out if it is worth it or if its functions, value for money and usability leave a sour taste in the mouth.
What is the Aeroccino?
The Aeroccino is a handy, portable electric milk frother from Nespresso.
Its mission is to froth and heat the milk so that, in a few seconds, you get a large amount of whipped, creamy, and consistent froth with which to crown your coffees. This (efficient) device from Nespresso works in silence, which is perfect for preparing a coffee, when you get up early and don’t want to wake your family. A great froth is whipped up within a minute and you’re good to go. Froth is part of a cappuccino, latte recipe.
Technical Characteristics of Nespresso Aeroccino
The Nespresso mixer is already in its fourth version, the Aeroccino 4, although the best-selling machine at the time of writing is still the much loved Aeroccino 3, which, for its widespread availability I will cover in this article.
The Nespresso Aeroccino 3 is an efficient, useful, and practical machine for frothing milk (although it is also available in red,and white, too, it looks authentic donned in shiny black). With user friendly ridges for an easy and safer grip, this milk frother grows on you as a silent and effective accessory to create froth easily and quickly, without complications.
This hot milk frother measures of 9 x 9 x 17 cm and has a weight of 449 grams. In other words, it is a small and light product, so it can be transported and stored while traveling and shouldn’t be a burden – taking up too much space in the kitchen. However it is not battery operated so it’s not as portable as smaller handheld frothers. The base of this product is the handy mixer storage space.
The maximum froth capacity that it is capable of making is 120 ml/ 4oz, while the maximum capacity for hot milk is 240 ml/8oz, which is easily be enough for three cappuccinos.
A customer who gave it 5 stars said, “Its design is really novel and striking, like an accessory from a 60’s Italian bistro. In a few seconds, this foamer will allow you to get whipped, creamy, and consistent milk.”
With the Nespresso Aeroccino 3 frother, you can prepare delicious cappuccinos and many other recipes such as flat white’s and macchiatos. This model, also makes perfect high froth with almond milk. It includes a metal lid to avoid splashing which will help keep your clothes clean. It is made entirely of stainless steel with a ridged plastic outer casing as mentioned before.
How to Use The Aeroccino 3
Firstly, please note please do not put your Aeroccino in the dish washer as there is a risk of shock or fire.
- Make sure the underside of the milk frother is dry.
- Choose the relevant whisk (cappuccino or latte) and attach to the bottom of the Aeroccino.
- You will see marked levels inside. The highest is for hot milk, the lowest for milk froth preparation.
- Add milk and lid. Briefly press the button to start. It will turn red.
- For cold milk froth press the button for two seconds and it will turn blue.
- Clean after each use, separating and rinsing each part (rubber around lid, whisks and waterproof container).
The Nespresso has a convenient lights which comes on when the frother is working. A minute later the machine stops working and there’s enough frothy milk for two cups. Easy enough, but you will need a long spoon to scoop out all the foam.
- I suggest using semi skimmed milk for a good result. The maximum power consumption of this milk frother is 550W.
There is no doubt that if you like creamy ,foam in your coffee, this milk frother is a safe, basic option in more than one way: a safety switch turns the heater off when it is ready, The Nespresso Aeroccino is trustworthy, heating milk between 160-170 degrees, quickly – a temperature baristas aim for. It’s easy to cleay, though none of the parts are dishwasher friendly and the price is less than more sophisticated machines.
Warm froth is not your only option – it also nicely froths cold milk if you are of the cold froth school or like an iced coffee. When I think should I buy the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother for a friend it’s adding up nicely in favor of the ‘aye’s. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves there are more factors to chew over.
You may also be interested reading our article on which model is the best electronic milk frother of the year (… economy, functions, ease of use).
Nespresso Milk Frother Review (Advantages and Drawbacks)
- The design of this frother is beautiful, authentic, yet modern
- Plastic outer grips well, is heat resistant, durable, and waterproof
- It is capable of making warm or cold froth with milk, quickly and efficiently
- It takes up very little space in the kitchen and can be stored and transported without difficulties
- It is a quiet accessory that won’t wake the family
- It is available in various colors: red, white, and black. Generally, the other frothers on the market do not look this stylish in a kitchen.
- It is fool proof to use.
- You need a long (plastic) spoon to reach all the froth
- Only two cups of froth at each turn
- The model 3 cannot be washed in the dishwasher, cleaning must be done (simply) by hand
Check out the great price we found on Amazon (we may get a small commission when you click).
Comparison between Aeroccino 3 vs 4, which is better?
We have seen that many of the features are common to both products, but what is the difference between them? Next, we are going to name those small differences that should be known before you decide on one or the other. Please note the Aerocccino4 is not yet available in many stores.
The Operating Button
The third version has a single button, while the Aerochino 4 has four different control buttons with which you can prepare all the drinks with a single mixer.
Its Ease of Cleaning
The current model, having the buttons on the base, is suitable for the dishwasher, however, the Aeroccino 3 is not since it carries the electronic components in the jug and base.
Ease of Handling
The latest model has an ergonomic handle or handle for more comfortable handling.
The Foam’s Texture
If I ask should I buy the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother I will want to know about the froth. With the latest version you have four different functions with which you can make a specific type and quantity of milk foam: dense foam, aerated foam, heat milk (without foam) or cold milk.
Troubleshooting the Nespresso Aeroccino
No modern machine is free from future faults, so it is good to have a list of common malfunctions and basic repair solutions on hand. In most cases, you can fix it yourself with these simple tips.
- The appliance does not turn on: The most normal thing is that the mixer is not correctly connected to its base. Make sure of this, as well as that it is securely attached to the jar.
- The foam does not have the right consistency: it is very common that you are not using the ideal milk. Remember that, to achieve an optimal foam, you should preferably use whole or semi-skimmed milk at refrigeration temperature (between 4 and 6ºC). Also, it is important that you do not add sugar, chocolate or any other additive, as it can damage the coating during preparation.
- The buttons are flashing red: the equipment has several security systems that may be generating this error. One of them is that it is too hot and you will have to rinse it with cold water to cool it. It may also happen that you have not added enough milk, up to one of the established levels, frothing or heating.
- The milk overflows: when beating it increases its volume, therefore, you have to take into account the established levels. If you go overboard, it is very likely that the milk will overflow and end up leaking from the inside.
How to clean the Nespresso milk frother?
When you ask yourself, should I buy the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother cleaning and looking after the product will be of importance in your decision.
Make sure to clean your Nespresso milk jug after each use. Cleaning is especially easy as the jug, closure and lid are removable, and can be washed directly with warm or hot water and a non-abrasive cloth – it’s made from non stick material. Yes! Check that the bottom of the milk frother is dry before putting it back on its base.
The latest model provides a small advantage over its predecessor, the Aeroccino 3 , and that is that the jug is suitable for washing in the dishwasher, at a maximum of 70ºC. Watch out! Do not put the jug directly in contact with the dishwasher rods as they could damage the inner lining.
What recipes can I make with the Aeroccino?
If you have decided to buy your Nespresso machine, it’s time for the best part, tasting the outcome – try the following recipes. All of them would be unthinkable without your new milk frother:
- Cappuccino: a classic that never fails to give a sense of well being. To prepare a delicious cappuccino you will first have to make about 25ml of black coffee, then you will have to froth 125ml of milk and pour it over the coffee. Finally, sprinkle in some cocoa or cinnamon powder to give it a touch of sweetness.
- Mocha It is one of the most famous varieties of coffee with milk. It is made up of 1/3 of espresso coffee and 2/3 of foamed milk, but a part of chocolate syrup is added, and cinnamon or cocoa powder.
Questions and Answers from Clients
Q: Does anyone know where the hottest milk comes out? At the Aeroccino or at Severin 9688? How hot does Aeroccino get?
I don’t know which of the two, but I can assure you that the Aeroccino comes out perfectly hot for a morning coffee – the way you’d get it in an authentic cafe.
Q: Could you please tell me if you can put the milk jug in water to wash it? Thank you
I wash it under the tap. As a precaution, I try not to soak the base, but I do it without problems.
Q: I would like to know if it warms the milk enough and in the case of cold milk if the foam it makes is worth it? Thank you
The truth is that it heats up very well, and is perfect for getting a thick cold foam.
Should I buy the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother? Simply- yes! Some may say the biggest drawback to this frother is it’s suitable for manual washing only, but the truth is when all the useful features are considered that it is worth purchasing … if you like creamy milk froth, reminiscent of authentic cafe style coffees, it’s better than other flotsam in this price range.
If you are a true coffee lover, you are going to appreciate the high quality of this frother compared with its rivals. Nespresso has undoubtedly done very well improving the minutia like the small handles on the whisks. It also has desirability and usability stamped all over it with it’s stylish and user friendly design. However, if the price is a problem for you, I could point you to the Secura, which is almost half the price.
Click here to see the low price we found on Amazon (we may get a small commission if you click).
- Check out our article on 17 Best Milk Frother Machines
- You may like: Miroco MI-MF002W Milk Frother Review